Monday, April 02, 2007

 

Back in December of 2005

Back in December of 2005, I posted about Frank and Vida, my mom's parents. I talked about the kind and gentle grandfather that had passed away some 12 1/2 years ago. Yesterday we lost Vida. My 94 year old spunky, independent until her last day, grandma fell down her stairs backwards, and hit her head on a shelf. My aunt had just arrived an hour before to spend a few days with her and saw it happen. She did respond to her telling her she was fine but her chest and shoulder hurt. My aunt called the ambulance and when she went back to Grandma she was having a hard time breathing, one eye was full of blood and she started throwing up. She made it to the hospital 25 miles away, but couldn't keep up the fight. It was fast and to the point, very much like her personality. She never wanted to leave her home for assisted living, she never wanted to suffer, and we thank God for that tonight. But to know she was always there was so comforting. My heart bleeds tonight as I lost my last grandparent and I truly feel the last tie to my mother.

Then I start to realilze Grandma is happier today then she was yesterday when she woke up. She is home with my mom, grandpa and aunt Mary. Life in northern MN will never be the same. I will miss our talks to the most. All of the Great-children, where talking last night, about how she made the best strudel, potica, chocolate chip cookies, blueberry and raspberry pie of anyone they knew. She baked and cooked until the end.

GOD BLESS YOU, GRANDMA. You will remain in our hearts forever.......
Comments:
I'm so sorry for your loss. Sounds like Vida was a very special lady.
 
Oh Mary, that's so sad and I'm sending you big hugs.

Take good care of yourself.

X
 
Though I am terribly sorry for your loss of someone you love so much, I'm very glad she got to stay on her own and do the things she loved until the end, rather than go someplace she'd have hated!

Thinking of you, Mary...

alan
 
Hey Mo!
I am so sorry to hear about grandma Vida. I think I met her when you took me up to the North Country and we went down the mines, right. I will try to call you and talk soon.
Robin
 
Hey Mo!
I am so sorry to hear about grandma Vida. I think I met her when you took me to the North Country and we went down in the mine. I seem to remember a house on lake. I will try to call soon when things have settled down.
Robin
 
I am sending you heartfelt condolences, Mary.
 
What a nice tribute to your g-ma, Mary. It sounds like she was a truly amazing woman who had a great influence on your life.

I know you will feel the loss greatly. May you be comforted by all the happy memories she, along w/ your mom, aunt, and other relatives, shared with you.

Hugs.
 
So sorry to hear this news, Mary.
All my love,
Cathy
 
It is so hard to lose someone you love.
I have had some moments my self this past week.
I am thinking of you..
 
Oh Mary..Hugs for you {{{ )))..I'm so sorry.
 
I am so sorry. The girls and I send big hugs.
 
Peace to Grandma Vida... and hugs to you.

Enjoy your many wonderful memories!
 
Stopping by to say hello...hope you and Kiran are doing great!

Love ya,
Sarah
 
Mary, so sorry about Vida. What a blessing to have such a long independent life and a quick exit.
Hugs from Tucson....
 
Hope you are OK..
 
Um... how are you and K spending the summer? What's new? You two okay? Miss you.
 
Help! Where are you?
 
I am so sorry to read about this!!!

I DO hope that your lafe has been going well, though, and that you and Kiran are just as happy as can be!

Keeping you in my prayers,
Sarah
 
Hi,

I found your blog and enjoyed reading your posts. Any chance you will begin updating it?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?