Friday, January 05, 2007

 

Webkinz anonymous

I am starting a new support group for all the parents out there addicted to their childs Webkinz site. This mom needs one. Whenever I get a free a few minutes, you can find me at the computer. Kiran gave me one for Christmas so I play on my own site know. I just love the games on there. So many are educational and it actually makes them responsible for spending and making money. Good lessons on saving and such. If you would like to join the group please email me.....

Today is the official last day of my vacation. I am really rested, have been sleeping until 9:00 every morning and playing on the da-- computer until 2:00 am every night. It has been fun being a stay at home with Kiran. I have had to bring her into school everyday and today I am going in to read a story to her class. She really likes having her mommy at school.

I was going to catch up on my reading over my break, no such luck. I haven't been in the mood to pick up a book for while. I do believe I go through this phase every year. I am hosting bookclub in a week, anyone have any good ideas on books that we could read?

This mom is ready to go back to work on Monday. I actually miss my little turkeys.
Comments:
Cute.
 
How adorable!

Ok, I bought the book, "Night" by Eli Weisel from Amazon.com. It was an Oprah book of the month selection too. It's about his account with the Holocaust. The book was so good that I read it all the day that I got it - I could not put it down. I want to say that there are less than 200 pages in the book; it's pretty small. I am not sure what kind of books you all read, but that is one to consider!

Wishing you a relaxing weekend before you head back!

Love,
Sarah
 
I'm addicted to Liam's Nintendo. Mario RULES, baby!
 
100 hours into "Dragon Quest 8"...

So much for accomplishing anything through the holidays!

Though it would depend on your book club, one of my all time favorite reads is Jeanette Winterson's "The Passion".

alan
 
Glad you had a relatively relaxing vacation....

Honestly, I don't know how you do it. Motherhood and teaching at the same time. Love, devotion and lots of energy I guess.

Happy New Year!

DON~
 
Yay, glad you are back. Was getting a bit concerned. Glad you had a relaxing vacation too. Will check out webkinz in a bit. Thanks for sharing.
 
I can recommend highly 3 books I read over the holidays..the first one is a memoir by a former nun "The Scent of God" Beryl Singleton Bissell and Mayor Coleman picked a book for all St.Paulites to read,"The Things They Carried"
by Tim O'Brian..it is about the Viet Nam war both authors are from Minnesota..I love Tim O'Brian's writing

The last one I read is from my book club and was recommended by
Beryl ..Bel Canto by Anne Patchett

3 very different books and all very good.
Let us know what your club reads.

Have a good week...GiGi
 
I'm suffering from Webkinz withdrawal, but I'm starting to come out the other side. At any one sitting, I'm limiting myself to two games of "Stack Em Up Solitaire" and an occasional round of "Mini Golf." This even though I am the absolute master at "Quizzy's Word Challenge."

I even went a couple days without playing at all.

You can see an account of my own addiction at my blog.

Best wishes with your demons. Try to stay away from "Goober's Lab" if you want to stay sane.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?