Monday, January 29, 2007

 

The 21st century..

It only took me until now to get high speed internet. I have to say, life is much faster around these parts.......I am so happy I made the decision to finally have it installed. It also comes along with digital cable and many more channels for us to choose from. Ok, Kiran watches one, Disney both morning and night. I tend to watch a few, CSPAN, CNN, CSPANII, ESPN, Comedy Network, some local channels, and ok, I will admit, the SOAP Channel......

I think I mentioned that I had a new student enter my room the week before Winter Break. This child is HELL on wheels. Last week, he brought to school and almost naked picture of some woman and a condom. Yes, you heard me correctly, the kid is in second grade. It is so sad when I look at him and realize what his future has in store. He is a smart child who has been dealt a few terrible hands in his short 7 years. His birthmother no longer has rights to him, his aunt is in the process of adopting him and he told me that he spent the entire weekend standing in the corner. The sad thing is I believe him. I am at a point where I feel sorry for him but he is soooo disruptive in the classroom. There are so many children out there in these types of situations. Please keep all of our children in your prayers.

I have my second conference in Kindergarten on Thursday. Tonight Kiran brought home her mid-trimester report with no concerns in all areas. She is starting to read, if I have mentioned that, I am sorry. Let me add it is in no way because her mommy is a teacher, she finds it easier to read to my SIL or nieces. I guess she is looking at my critical eye.

It was great hearing from everyone.

Mary

Who is now on the fast end of life will be checking in more often, hopefully......
Comments:
Wishing you patience for the rest of the year dealing with the new kid. Oh, and lots of Calgon for after work. :)
 
How sad for that poor little boy. It is obvious that he is seeking attention.
Do you have a counseler at your school you can send him to?
I hope someone gets to him before he hits his teens.
Meanwhile, now that you have cable, you have to watch The Daily Show and The Colbert report..
 
Poor kid. Breaks my heart.

Cable-- you moved up in the world. Good for you! :)

Oh, yeah, I tagged you... no fret, it's an "easy" one.
 
Mary..Well I guess I'm the only one left with dial-up..lol

::shaking my head about the young boy ::
 
High speed=more photos, right?

I wonder how to make crossed fingers here...

I can't imagine having a 2nd grader bring something like that in to class. The world has changed so much!

Hope you enjoy channel heaven!

alan
 
The young man if probably craving attention and this is the only way he can get it..... how sad.

I work with persons with developmental disabilities. Each time one has a behavioral issue and most of the staff is focused on that individual, another will "go off" to get some of that attention.

Be patient.... you might just be the one to turn his life around. What a wonderful thought.

As for Kiran, face it my dear... you are blessed!

DON~
 
Isn't it amazing how fast and easy internetting is now!
 
Wishing you and Kiran a very sweet Valentine's Day!!!

Love,
Sarah
 
Happy Heart Day M and K!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?