Sunday, December 31, 2006

 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

As I reflect on this past year, I can only say I am happy and sad it is coming to a close.

Kiran remains the delight of my life. She has a sense of humor that keeps popping up. The other day, we were joking around when she said you cannot boss me. I replied, "That is my job as your mother." She looked at me and responded, "Sefali Bibi, is the boss of me." I can say, I am happy that reply came the first time during a joking situation instead of one when she was angry with me. Then the other day, I asked her a question, her reply, "No, Mary Poppins." My niece almost wet her pants. I have to say I thought it was funny myself.

In the past year, I have watched my father's health decline. His lupus is out of remission, he developed a cause of nasty shingles the week before we celebrated Christmas and due to the fact he did eat or drink anything for almost a week, ended up spending Christmas in the hospital. He had some very serious signs of short term memory loss while in the hospital. The doctors feel it was due to the pain killer, being dehydrated, and not eating. A week later, he is still getting confused but not so much and said he feels almost normal. Please say a prayer that it was nothing more the meds. He will see a neurologist on the 8th of January.

It was a good year for the Democrats. I can only hope that changes start to happen in Washington quickly. We are also happy in MN, the governor has lost much of his power with both the house and senate being of a democrat majority. It is funny listening to both the President and palmetto talking about compromise and working with the other side of the aisle.

Thank you for being friends and of great support in the last year. There have been many times that I felt this is the only place I can vent.

Happy New Year ALL!!!
Comments:
Wishing you much happiness in the coming year!
 
Health and Happiness for you and your family in 2007. :)

ps..Prayers are be sent for your dad..Hope he feels better soon.
 
Wishing you all the best in the coming year!
 
Kiran is such a cutie....what a sweetie!

I will keep your dad in my prayers, Mary. :)

Wishing you all the best in 2007!

Love,
Sarah
 
Mary, I will put your dad on the prayer list at my church.
I spent a lovely morning today at the State Capital..watching Lori Swanson
being sworn in as the first female Attorney General.
She is awesome, one of the brightest
stars in our state.
I expect big things from her..Since she is only 40 years old..I suspect she will be there quite some time.
Enjoy your time with Kiran, they grow up way too fast..
May the New Year bring you both many good surprises!!
 
Happy New Year, angel!

You are one, you know?

It's been a few days since you put this up, during which some FBI files came out about one of our former Chief Justice and his experience with pain killers. Hopefully that's the cause of some of this thing with your Dad!

Hope you get good news from the doctor!

Thinking of you and yours, always!

alan
 
Happy New year to both of you and best wishes are sent for you dad too.
 
You must be so busy. I keep stoping by but no new post. Miss ya. I hope all is well. Prayers going out to your dad.

Hey, whatever happened to "photo Sunday"?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?