Sunday, October 01, 2006

 

MINNESOTA TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!




First, let me thank the KC Royals and their swept of the Detriot Tigers this weekend.......

Second, there is no better feeling then supporting a team while they win or lose. I remember back in 1982 the MN Twins lost 102 games and as a senior in high school I could tell you everyone's batting average.

In 1987 we went from worst to first in one year. In 1991 we played the Braves and were given no chance. We won both of those World Series, 1987 being the sweetest of the two.

At the all-star break, my guys were 12 1/2 games out. Everyone was writing them off. In the middle of August they were 10 games out. On October 1st they have a one game lead......

Today, my MN Twins won their division and homefield advantage. We knew we were getting to the playoffs but had the Yankees in the backs of our minds. This is a team who cannot win at Yankee stadium, a team who loves their home. Today with their victory over Chicago, and the loss that Detriot suffered to KC, we became the division champions......

Joe Mauer, a hometown boy who is as Minnesotan as they come, win the batting title over Derek Jetier (SP). Derek maybe the most handsome guy in the Majors but Joe is probably the nicest......

Kirby and my mom are smiling down on us this evening. My mom was the biggest fan I ever knew. Kirby was the best player we ever had.

GO TWINS!!!! WIN THE SERIES!!!
Comments:
Hey there, I've been thinking about you. Just waiting for your boys to catch up to mine... Friendly rivalry??? (Just kidding, we NYers take this time of year VERY seriously, no such thing as a "friendly" rivalry.) I'll have to post a rebuttal. :-)
 
We might not be the best, but every now and then we get it right!

We beat the Yanks a time or two this year as well...one of those Jekyll and Hyde teams, I guess!

May this be just the beginning for all of you!

alan
 
Yeah!!!!

Does Kiran watch? TinyE watches a little bit.

So, as a guy from Kansas City I'm beyond happy. Most of my childhood baseball memories are rooting for the Royals. Now that I live here (my first year here was 1990, so I was here for the '91 win), I have become a huge Twins fan (and not just this year). I always tell my friends that I love the Twins and the Royals - and I'm confident that they'll never meet in game of consequence!

Anyway, anyone who loves baseball has to love this year, and one of the best stories of this year is the Minnesota Twins. I hope we win it all!
 
They are showing the game today on the big screen at work. With popcorn and soda. Nice way to spend the noon hour... I'll watch for you while you teach, ok? :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?