Monday, October 30, 2006

 

Halloween Eve.....

Could the anticipation grow anymore around this house??? I don't think so. Tonight we carved pumpkins with my nieces. Kiran came home and tried on her costume one more time before the big day.

She then asked me if I could come and help out at her party. Of course, the little darlings in my room are having a party so the answer would be no, I cannot. My SIL then popped into the conversation and told Kiran she would stop in and see her and then give her a ride home. That made her very excited.

On the political front, everything that goes wrong around our house we have just blame Bill Clinton like the Republicans tend to do. The other day we were in a store when Kiran dropped something. She looked up at me and said, "That was George Bush's fault!" I thought I was going to die laughing. Can you tell which party she would vote for today????

It is hard to believe that 4 years ago, Senator Paul Wellstone, his lovely wife, wonderful daughter and friends died in an airplane crash about 2 miles from my brother's house. They were on their way to a funeral for a friend's dad. Today I was reading in the paper that his last vote on the Senate floor was a NO vote against the war. How right he was.....You still can find many people sporting their bumper Wellstone! bumper stickers around town.

Dare we start getting excited, one week before the election, that something might really change????
Comments:
I'm afraid to hope for fear they'll be dashed as they have been so many times as of late!

Still, deep down, I am...

alan
 
I'm cautiously optimistic, and committed to working hard until the polls close.

Also, I sure miss Paul Wellstone. He was one of a kind.
 
I read your post on Centristy.blogspot.com
Mary..glad your checking him out.
He gets a little too conservative at times and I try to keep him on the left track *grin*

I will never forget the day Paul and Sheila died and I make a yearly trip to the grave sight.
It is such a special peaceful place.
Can you believe how the republicans can take a minor gaffe and turn it into a major issue?
Kerry on the national level and Dutcher here in MN.

I may have to start drinking doubles over the weekend just to get through till Tuesday night.
 
YES. Change is around the corner and in the voting booth. I'm optimistic. But as Alan suggests, maybe I should be prepared to have my hopes dashed.

~Deb
 
The only thing you can ever do is hope that change will come. I'm starting to feel like more Americans feel the way you, Dr Deb and Alan do than there are those who do not.

I hope you and Kiran had a great Halloween. Post a picture of Kiran in her costume, I'd love to see it. By the way, did you dress up for school? Almost half of my staff came in costume this year. It was great to see.

paul
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?