Wednesday, October 25, 2006

 

Adoption.....



Today, one of my dearest friends at school, rounded the corner and looked at me and said friend how are you??? I could tell something was up and then she said, "I am going to be a mommy to a little baby boy in the next weeks." I started crying on the spot.

Anne and her husband have been through so much. They have been married for 9 years and having children didn't seem to be in the picture for them. About 2 1/2 years ago, she told me that they had decided to adopt. At first it seemed, like they wanted the Euro-American baby with the perfect birthparents. As time went by, they changed their tune and yesterday they signed the papers to adopt a little boy once he was born. I cannot tell you how excited I am for them. They deserve to be happy and I pray this all works out.

The one thing that makes me sad is the fact that their little boy will know his birthmother. They have agreed to keep in touch and maybe once a year get together. Oh, how my tune has changed. When I adopted Kiran I didn't want anything but a closed adoption. As she gets older and wants to know the information, I wished I had some answers for her. Someday, I hope we can find her and have all of our questions answered. Until then we can only fantasy about what she looks like, what she is doing, and like Kiran said the other night, wonder if she has any brothers or sisters.

Adoption, it is the coolest word we know in our house.
Comments:
I lack the words to tell you how much I adore you for sharing your life with someone who deserved it so much!

alan
 
Hugs for you and your friend :)
 
Aw, look at the little goonies!! How's Marge?
 
How wonderful for your friend!!! Love knows no boundaries, does it? :)

Have a great weekend!

Love,
Sarah
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?