Saturday, September 16, 2006

 

Stuff (Not a very exciting title)

Back in 1976, my dad was diagnosed with Lupus. It took the doctors and many visits to several, over 3 months, to come up with what was ailing him because it was not something men got. He recieved treatment for many years before the disease went into remission. He was in remission for over 20 years. Around 5 years ago he had a flair up where he couldn't walk, lift his legs or arms because his joints were so swollen and hurt terribly. This week he had another flair up and as we speak is still in the hospital. Please say a prayer that this is just a flair up and not the disease coming out of remission totally. I remember the days when he couldn't unbutton his pants, cut his own meat, walk up the stairs to bed with out crawling and just the shear pain he was in.

Life around here is progressing along. Kiran started tap and ballet this week. She has lessons one day a week for an hour. She loves to dance. School has been a wonderful experience for her. She loves it!!! She is even excited about her first fundraiser and can hardly wait to go out and sell wrapping paper to our friends.

My class continues to be wonderful. It is such a pleasure to wake up in the morning and dread going to work. They truly are a great group. Work is truly a nice place to be. The funny thing is the children who drove me crazy for 2 longgggg years stop in every morning to say hi.

Mary
Comments:
I'm thinking of your dad and your family. Good luck there.

I was tickled by the kids that drove you crazy now coming by to say hi. I'm guessing you did not drive THEM crazy!

Is it time for a playdate? Email me at bbizaqh@yahoo.com (a temporary email address I set up - i'll send you a better email address after that. I think Kiran and TinyE would love to meet).
 
Hi Mary, I hope your dad is doing well. It's great to hear that Kiran loves school so much.

I remember a group of grade 8s that drove me nuts in class. I walked to a from work then and usually had a group of the same kids hanging around after school and walking part way home with me. They were absolute pains in the class but were the nicest, funniest kids to talk to outside of school. 15 years later, I still see some of them around town and they always stop and say hi. I guess it is the ones that are most difficult and need you the most that remember you the best.

paul
 
My thoughts to your your Dad..Sending postive wishes.

"Work is truly a nice place to be."
This made me smile..I hope to get to that " place" myself very soon.
 
Oh, Mary--sorry to hear about your Dad! I hope you get good news. Keep us posted.

love,
Inger
 
Positive energy to your dad, Mary.... all will be well!

My mother is progressing nicely, thanks for your concern.... She has finally been moved into a rehab center.

I loved hearing about those kids that drove you crazy returning to say hello.... It seems you had a positive effect on them.

Kiran and ballet is a very good thing!
 
Totally sweet that they come by to say hi!
 
I hope your dad's doing better. *hug*
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?