Sunday, September 24, 2006

 

Life in MN

The campaigning in MN is already turning nasty. I just cannot believe that people can put ads on the radio and tv that attack a person so. In one district, the first
Muslim is about to be elected to Congress. In his youth he didn't have the perfect life and didn't always make the right choices so the press and Republicans are attacking. I don't know much about him and who ever wins that seat is replacing an institution in Martin Sabo and that is one tough act to follow.

For Senator Mark Dayton's seat, the Republican candidate is attacking his opponent in the dumbest ads I have every seen. His ads are even turning off some of his Republican friends. He attacks her because she is a lawyer and we have to many lawyers in the senate already. That is a great reason not to vote for her.

Not much happening in this house. My dad is home and feeling much better. It seems that every flare up he has is getting worse. The last one was 5 years ago, I hope it is another 5 before the next one.

Kiran is still loving school. This week she came home from school all proud with herself because she passed the shoe tying test. She is an official shoe tie helper in her class, I might add one of three.

My class is still wonderful and smart. I laugh with them everyday and it is a pleasure to go to work every morning. I haven't said that in years.

Mary
Comments:
I hate the smear campaigns that seem to come up with every election. It makes it hard to conceive of these people of leaders in our society.

I'm glad your dad is doing better and am pleased to hear that Kiran has attained such a high position amongst her classmates.

paul
 
i LOVE that kiran's class has official shoe-tying helpers. that's the best :)
 
Mudslinging time. So terrible that it occurs around now. I wonder what it teaches our children?
 
So happy you are enjoying things! You deserve it!

There are times I could wish for a system like the Brit one, with only 6 weeks to campaign and the opinion polls cut off early!

alan
 
And I am sure that those children ahve the pleasure to have you for their teacher!
Teachers rule!!!
 
Mary, The nasty campaigning is just starting.
I was at a meeting Amy had today,
don't worry she's not..Kennedy is just digging himself a deeper hole..he is going down....
Keith Ellision too will be a better person when all of this is over..

I predict that Fine the republcan
candidate will come in last after the Independant..

Good for Kiran..

I am glad you have a good class this year..enjoy.. GiGi
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?