Tuesday, September 05, 2006

 

The First Day

My morning was wonderful. I have 17 of the sweetest children. My group seems to be smart, kind, and down right wonderful. (I am knocking on wood as I type!) I had 9 children not show up which is not a shock. So many of the kids move during the summer or change schools. I left my school at 12:30 and headed off to daycare to bring Kiran to her room.




The first photo is of Kiran heading into the school. She was so excited at daycare she came flying towards me when I walked in the door.





This is a picture of Kiran with her teacher. She is the kindest, most gentle teacher I think I have ever met. I am so happy we are in her room. The kids did some activities while the parents were herded off to the gym to listen to the principal, school nurse and president of the PTO. The principal is also wonderful. I swear he was tearing up when he was talking about kids, education, and kindergarten. His reputation is that he goes into Kindergarten everyday just because he loves the little ones.

Tomorrow she gets on the bus by herself and then comes home with my niece.

Mary
Comments:
Glad to hear all went well! Tomorrow it's the bus - so exciting and grown up! (Ingrid just lost her first tooth. They grow up so fast!)
 
Aw, too cute. Glad she had a good day. I hope tomorrow is a big success too.
 
I love kindergarten teachers. They have the best, toughest, most important job in education. The kindergarten teacher can be the difference between kids that get turned on to school and kids that tune out. I'm glad Kiran has a good one.

I get my first full day of classes tomorrow. 20 8th graders, half with some wonderful educational label or other. It's going to be a challenge, but exciting.

paul
 
I'm tearing up just looking at her standing there, all little and big at the same time...

So glad to hear the year's off to a good start--for both of you!

Hugs and love,
Inger
 
Glad to hear the year is off to a good start for both of you!

9 kids not showing up is unbelievable. Does your school have an overall high mobility rate?
 
I think I still have a crush on my kindergarten teacher, 46 years later!

:o)

alan
 
How wonderful!!!!!!
 
This made me smile :) So glad things went well.
 
Wonderful. Pix are so cute. Renee
 
OH.MY.GOD.
How cute is Kiran on her first day of school?? That little girl is simply beaming with happiness!!! How wonderful!!!

Love,
Sarah
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?