Monday, September 04, 2006

 

First Day Nerves

Tonight, all across the state of Minnesota, children will have trouble falling asleep in anticipation for the first day of school tomorrow. The same can be said about the teachers. Tonight, I will lay in bed, wondering what my new group will be like, what kids will be returning to my school, what new students have arrived and so on.

When I was a kid, I always had problems falling asleep the night before. I was excited to wear my new clothes, see my old friends, and meet a new teacher. As an adult, I have an even harder time sleeping before the children arrive.

My baby starts kindergarten tomorrow. Her bag is packed with all her supplies, sitting by the garage door. We have outfits picked out for the rest of the week. I will take a half day off in the afternoon to bring her and the parents stay for an hour and then we take our children and leave. The big bus day for her will be on Wednesday. She told me she is nervous about taking the bus but she will be fine.

Pictures to follow tomorrow or Wednesday.

Wish us both luck......
Comments:
Oh Dear that first day of school ..the tears will run down your cheeks...
unfortunately you are going to wake up sooner then you think and say to your self..what happened to those last
12 years..?.*smiling*..Good Luck Mary
 
Good luck Mary and Kiran. I'm sure it will be lots of fun! As for the teachers, how many other than me are taking a Tylenol PM tonight? :-) New backpacks stuffed with new supplies is the absolute best feeling!
 
Oye the memories! Goodluck to both of ya :)
 
Good luck good luck!! Hope it's a banner day for you both--I know it will be! I'll look for photos.

xoxo
 
I used to be terrified the day before school started too! I think that I was more concered about what to wear than anything else! LOL

On my little sister's first day of Kinder ( we're 13 1/2 years apart..my mom had me when she was 18.) I had to take her to school as both my mom and step dad could not make it. They felt terrible, and I think that I was the only sibbling there! As the kids lined up to go to their kinder classes, the moms started to cry, and so did I! It's a bittersweet memory that I'll never forget! :)

Wishing you and Kiran the best of luck tomorrow! :)

Love,
Sarah
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?