Tuesday, August 22, 2006

 

Meet Sally and Scruffy




We are having a rough couple of days in these parts. Kiran has been throwing at least two good tantrums, in public mind you, every day. It wasn't until today I realized that she does this every summer. My guess is that with me going back to work on Monday, her starting daycare again and kindergarten, she is feeling the pressure. She still looks so sweet and snuggable when she is sleeping.

Her friends are Sally, the elephant, and Scruffy the puppy. She has been falling asleep in her own bed but I awake everynight sleeping next to her in my bed. When she comes in she brings a pillow, her animals and milk. That is a lot to move in my book every night.

Life for me, is ok, but I just feel so lonely. I know that everyone here cares, my family has no clue that I am feeling like this, and I have great friends but don't want to burden them with my problems. When I try to talk to my SIL, I feel like she doesn't want to hear it and she reminds that life in other parts of the world are much worse. Yes they are, but that doesn't help me at this moment.

I am trying to transition without having Gill around. He is still calling every other day but I talk to him with indifference now. It is nice to hear his voice when he calls. He still wants to see me and spend time with me but why???

Only three actual vacation days left.....
Comments:
Mary, transition is so hard but you are doing the right thing for you and Kiran. You don't need crumbs.

I'm sure when school starts you will find your self very busy.
But have you thought about getting
involved in any of the campaigns going on right now.
You would meet so many new people.
They also have a group called
DFL links that meets the 3rd Tuesday of the month.or they are looking for volunteers for the State fair.
I will be in the DFL booth on Monday the 28th from 8 to 12:00 stop by..
GiGi
 
Just time to catch your breath before "the whirl" starts anew!

Sorry about you having to transition...you deserve better!

I could accept the pillo and the animals...I don't have much luck around our mattress with anything liquid. I used to keep a Sprite when I still drank soda, then water, but after setting my glass back on the nightstand in my sleep one night and having it turn out to be Dottie's back...

Oops!

alan
 
Yup, like clockwork my daughter used to do the same thing each summer.

Transition are hard, like green tea said.
 
Hang in there, Mary. I have a feeling that good things are in store for you; you are such a kind and caring person. Good luck with back-to-school. My son starts primary this year.
 
Stay strong, Mary.

Also, just so you know, your post brought me a lot of relief. Our little angel has been a terror these last few days, and I didn't think that leaving the only school she's ever known, starting kindergarten at a new school and etc. is behind it all, but, of course, it is.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?