Wednesday, August 09, 2006

 

Bittersweet times

In a few hours, it will be 5 years to the day, since I held my precious little girl in my arms. I remember that day like it was yesterday. Going to the airport the first time, only to find them not on that plane. Visiting the airport the second time and knowing she was on that plane and when the employee from KLM told me they were going through customs was the most exciting thing. She was just the cutest little thing that was so tired and she won't put her head on my shoulders to fall asleep. She didn't know how to snuggle or kiss but learned very quickly and now every night she hugs at least ten times and tells me how much she loves me. It was the and still is the happiest day of my life. I waited a long time but I believe I was meant to parent this kid. I will always be thankful for her birthparents and hope some day to find them.

Every year on "Our Day" she gets to pick what we do. Her first idea was a hotel, but with the finances as they are that wasn't in the books this year. So her second choice, having breakfast at Krispy Kreme's. Yikes, not my idea of a great breakfast but needless to say we will drive through and pick up her favorite donut.

It is hard to believe that the child I brought home from the airport is starting school this year. She also lost her second tooth today. Did I mention that a friend, who watch two days last week, came up with the big idea of redoing her bedroom? Tonight listening to the two of them plan it all out was so adorable. May I add they are going to paint her room a hot pink!! At the moment it is a calming violet.

Ok, here is the bittersweet moment, Gill and I decided to call it quits today and be friends if that is possible. My thoughts are that he never was divorced and has been married the entire time. All the evidence says that but I was to stupid or in love to realize it. What I mean by that is I was never invited to family functions, he always seemed to call me from his cell phone when he wasn't home, and so on so on..... When I put up my three conditions of staying with him, he couldn't follow through on any of them so it was time to say goodbye. I am sad but more relieved to know where we stand in our relationship. He is losing maybe the best damn thing that walked into his life. I only hope I am strong enough to realize that myself.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Mary
Comments:
I'm sorry to hear that things didn't work out for you with Gill, but I glad to hear you stuck to your guns with your conditions.

paul
 
Enjoy "Your Day." You and Kiran are lucky to be together. She's a great girl, you're a great mom.

I'm sorry to hear about Gill. I know how much it must hurt. Time will heal...

Hugs, Stacy
 
"Your Day" is a great tradition, I love it!

Sorry about Gill; I can't believe he could do that, but I've been easily fooled for 50 years now...

You are right about losing the best thing to ever walk into his life! Or anyone else's!

Thinking of you...

alan
 
Mary -

"Our day" sounds like a wonderful tradition, and Kiran sounds like a great child (with a great mom). I was touched by your expression of what it was like waiting to meet her and how you feel now that it was all destined to be. Enjoy those Krispy Kremes!

As for Gill - if your feelings are right, then you did yourself a favor. I'll search my database for those 35 - 45 year olds!

Stay strong, keep celebrating the important things.
 
hi sjobs; i like it when things arrive just when you need them...i'm glad you like it, and now reading your post i can see that it is right on for you today...

sorry to hear about Gill, BUT i think it was really the only right thing to do to be good to yourself., and you deserve the best and now that you have let him go the Universe can conspire to get you your heart's desire...

on a more productive note:

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY, "Your Day" to you both!!! Krispie Kremes, woo hoo! - what a great idea; i am not a big doughnut eater BUT KK has become a bit of a tradition with MY daughter and me since she first introduced me to them about a year ago. There is only one is Surrey, and one other, i think in the province...anyway, a bit of a drive away, but i was passing it the other day and i nearly drove in and got one, then i thought: "no, i think i will save this for ONLY when i am with Sue, then it will be OUR special thing to do when we need something special!" .... so tell your precious one that i applaud her choice!
 
Mary...You made a very difficult decison, but I think a right one..Life is too short to sit around waiting for crumbs to be handed out.
The right man for you is out there and you will find him.
Gil's loss...
Hang in there..
 
I commend you on not wanting to be the "other woman".

Once a cheat, always a cheat... take it from a friend who knows.

You are an attractive woman with a whole lot to offer. Find someone who will truly appreciate you!

And you will......

DON~
 
whoa, good for you mary. i know it was hard to make that decision, but subterfuge is never a good way to stay in a relationship. may he realize one day what he lost, and may you soon find one who appreciates you for the jewel you are!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?