Sunday, August 13, 2006

 

ANTICIPATION.......

I am going to be so relieved when I go back to work in two weeks. This summer isn't up there with one of the best. I had such high hopes in May that this might be one of the best, it never materialized that way.

Kiran starts kindergarten, we think we got the teacher we wanted but will find out for sure next week. She really has changed in the past few months. The other day she used the word obnoxious, when I asked what it meant she said irritating. She is so grown up and my baby girl is gone for ever.

My school year should be much improved then the last few. I love my new principal, I am getting a new group of children for the first time in two years. I am teaching second grade again, which I love.

Life will become crazy with trying to fit in exercise after work, driving children around, and preparing for the next day. I have decided to get involved in some committee work and am thinking about going to back to school to get my administration license.

Let's all hope that this school year proves to be one of the best.
Comments:
Of course this is going to be one of the best years of your life!

Think positive, be positive.... keep that great attitude.

It can only get better....

Don~
 
Sending postive wishes this will be the best year for your family :)
 
Oh I LOVED teaching second grade! It's such a great age, the curriculum is still fun, and the kids are still (mostly) sweet. No state testing, either! :)
 
It goes so fast, I know.
I love when my daughter used more "developed" words as she got older. I seemed to use those words as reminders that she is maturing!
 
May your upcoming year be as wonderful as you are, my friend!

alan
 
school started today here in tucson. can't believe it!
it was a real treat to meet the 2 of you. kiran was shy but i know it would have worn off if we'd been able to spend more time. by the time we met, sweetie and i were both a little frazzled from all the meeting, greeting, and eating!
i wish you a great year and wonderful memories of kiran's first year of school ('official' school that is)!
 
So funny, we have the same things happening at our house (I sense a meeting is imminent). TinyE is getting ready for Kindergarten at St. Anthony Park Elem., and she has grown so much too. Nice to see that Kiran is walking down the same path. It's fun and it's scary, no?
 
I don't know how you primary teachers do it. I can't imagine being in charge of 20-some kids all day. If teacher's were paid according to their importance to a child's future, the kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade teachers would be paid the most.

I hope you have a good year in all aspects.

paul
 
Teachers are my heroes Mary..My brother taught 6th grade until he retired and then spent 10 years at Little Wound teaching on a reservation in SD.
His wife # 2 is a Special Ed teacher teachimg blind, hearing impaired
and mentally disabled children in Superior Wi..I don't know how she does it...I think all of you are Saints and underpaid..GiGi
 
Lucky you.
Lucky Kiran.
Lucky kids.
Lucky us.

rQm
 
Oh, how cool that she's learning! :-)
 
Just wanted to "check in" with you. Are you okay? You've been on my mind.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?