Saturday, July 15, 2006

 

sin and sinners

Tonight I was reading my posts from a yahoo group list I am on. One mom wanted to know how to handle her almost 6 year old's question, "WHat if no one wanted me? What would have happened to me?"

This was part of a reply, "Because of sin in this world some children/people live in conditions less desirable than others and your child is blessed to be with you (as you are to be with her.)". Is this person crazy???? So if this child should sin what is she going to think?? Her mom won't want her either!

So, because George Bush, Dick Cheney, Don Rumsfeld, and MANY MANY OTHERs have committed mortal sins, they should be living in a third world country or on the streets some place???? These people sin everyday and yet they still live in big houses, have more power than anybody in the world, and send our young people into conflict without batting an eye.

What is wrong with this picture?? Is a person poor, financially, because they sin??? Not in my world......

Mary

(It feels like the entire Twin Cities metro area is in hell with a temperature of 91 at 8:15. What did we do wrong??? That is right, we tend to vote Democratic in presidential elections.)
Comments:
I wish I could say I'm surprised, but as you know, a woman from that contingent was the one who said Liam would have been better off if he'd just died in the orphanage rather than come to my pagan home.

They're kooks. Flippin' nut jobs.
 
That's pretty amazing. I can't imagine how someone could really believe such a thing, let alone counsel saying it to a child.

I'm with Inger, they're flippin' nut jobs.

paul
 
OMG, how f'ed up! I'm shocked, really.
 
The world is full of nutjobs.... I've no clue why they all seem to be drawn to fundamental christianity and the republican party.

As for living hell, try living in Florida where the weather will be in the 90's for the next three months..... but of course, we choose to live here.

"WHY" is what I keep asking myself!
 
hey ho mary, email me and let's plan an outing when i'm in your neck of the woods. can't wait to meet you and kiran!!!
tazag@msn.com....
 
So sad that anyone could force that garbage on a child!

alan
 
Well, of course NYC was hotter yet, as we have much more sin!

My slapping hand itches.
 
LOL! Poor ignorant soul.

Sin has nothing to do w/ poverty. Greed does.
 
LOL! Poor ignorant soul.

Sin has nothing to do w/ poverty. Greed does.
 
Because of sin? I'm trying to turn "sin" into a typo of "selfishness" (which I note contains an s, an i and an n) but I don't think that's it.

That reply was LAME!
 
yoo hoo, anyone home?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?