Sunday, July 09, 2006

 

Mommy R & R

This past Friday, shortly after summer school dismissed for the day, I was on my way to Hayward, WI, and a friend's cabin. Rule #1-NO CHILDREN!!! Kiran would be spending the weekend with my brother and family. Rule #2-Enjoy rule #1. Rule #3-Have a wonderful time......

I had a wonderful weekend. Kiran was happy and safe, I was having a 48 hour break from motherhood. The weather was wonderful, shopping stupendous, drinks absolutely delightful..... I came home with a hell of a sunburn, a Hello Kitty car cup for Kiran, a new skirt for me, and one huge hangover.

Some of you would be surprised how teachers can act together. It makes me wonder if K should be home schooled. (HAHAHAHAHA). We had a wonderful time talking and joking about men, life, children, and everything else.

The only problem was on Saturday evening, I received a picture of one 5 year old, minus her bottom right front tooth. She was so darn excited my message on the voice mail was the cutest ever. "Mommy, I lost me tooth. That is all the news I have for you. BYEBYE!!" OK, a little guilt surfaces and the old time moms are like it could have happened everywhere. Good point.

For those single parents out there, I highly recommend getting away for a few days. It will be great for your children and so darn relaxing for you......

Love to all,

Mary
Comments:
I'm glad you got time to relax and play, it's just too bad you didn't get to see the tooth right away. I hope you still got to play tooth fairy.

paul
 
The lost tooth..... fear not, my dear; there will be others!

We all need to get away sometimes.

Glad you had a great time.....

DON~
 
Hell, I'd be happy just to have my bed to myself!

Glad you had a great time.

One tooth down, many tooths to come!
 
How terrific for you!

My mom was a PTA president and single. I snapped lots of interesting pictures of teachers at her parties from the stairwell. It was fun. :-)
 
It is so important to grab some rest and relaxation!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?