Sunday, June 11, 2006

 

The thrill of victory......(In a way)




Here is a photo of Kiran and I. This was taken Memorial Day.

On to the thrill of victory....

Friday morning, I was walking into school with my nephew and Kiran. Both were coming on the field trip with my class. The assistant principal and principal were waiting for me at the top of the stairs. Once Thomas and Kiran went up to my room, the assistant principal approached me and told me she heard about the meeting yesterday afternoon. She told me that she never brought my name up to Michelle and what Michelle said at the meeting was a lie. She was going to talk with her and make her apologize to me in front of the entire staff. My principal also told me how angry she was with her.

Shortly after the day started, Michelle and Evelyn (the assistant principal) came to my room where Michel approached me and apologized to me and Evelyn told me she would be doing this in front on the staff after school.

It was also lay off day in Minneapolis for next year. The meeting started right at 2:30 where Michelle apologized to me. She also told the staff we should wait until next school year to make our decision on union steward. Right after that, she announced that she was laid off and wouldn't be back. So, if we would have waited to make our decision, like I suggested, we never would have had that meeting and discussion where she totally bashed me several times.

It also makes me feel better that the one staff member who I thought I could trust, did apologize to me and wanted to make sure that I was ok. She did tell me that she didn't sleep the night before because she realized that she hurt and was truly sorry. That felt really good.

So the decision to who will be the steward next year will be made in August, no one will want the position and everyone will just assume I am going to it. They are TRULY WRONG!!!!!

I made me happy walking out of that school on Friday. I knew I didn't do anything wrong and was professional throughout the entire mess.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

Mary
Comments:
I HATE school politics! You know what they say about us teachers. HS teachers act like HS students (clicky), MS teachers act like MS students (obnoxious), and ES teachers act like ES students (immature). Michelle is certainly immature, and it's nice to see that you serve as the example of why we should NOT stereotype. Congratulations on keeping your cool in a difficult situation. The world works in funny ways...
 
This made me smile for you Mary and a ^5 (high 5).
Love thew photo with you and Kiran.
 
That photo is soooo beautiful!

Somehow I'm smiling at the mental picture of a shoe dangling over their heads that they have no idea is going to drop!

alan
 
Politics and small minded thinking....you know, many a good person has had an experience like this. Great photo too.
 
Wow, I come home from my convention and everyone thing has hit the fan..
I'm glad that thngs worked out..and Mary don't give in next fall when they beg you to be steward again..
I will never understand how any teacher in this country/state could be a republican..Bush destroyed education in Texas and Pawlenty with the help of
Yecke has done a good job of screwing up our state following the same Texas program.
We endorsed some awesome candidates for the fall election..hang in there,things will be better.
check out centrisity.blogspot.com for a recap of the weekend..GiGi from MN.
 
Beautiful photo!

And glad to hear the good news.

Karma can be a wonderful thing!

Love to you and Kiran.

x0x0x
 
I'm really glad it all turned out well for you! Sweet pic!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?