Thursday, June 08, 2006

 

AGONY OF DEFEAT........

For the past 8 or so years, I have been the union steward at my school. Most of the time this title came by default and no one else was willing to it. This past fall, I told the staff I was taking the year off. My reasons to them were personal but mostly because I was tired of butting heads with a principal who was off the wall.

When our new principal came into our building, she asked me if I would be willing to step back into in the position. She talked to the staff about it, which most of them forgot about today, and they all thought that was great. At that point, I told them honestly I wouldn't be going to any meetings until next year. After all, I took the damn year off.

This new chick shows up in our building and is what I would refer to as a bully. She spouts professionalism all the time, yet she comes to school in torn clothes, jeans, and looking like she is working a garage sale. She yelled at the staff her first week on the job during a staff meeting, steals (which i have seen her do), doesn't get her paperwork in on time, she thinks that everyone in the building owes her and yelled at me in the hallway last week.

Damn, I am so angry, but a certain faction of the building decided that she would do a better job then I would. That was during the union meeting today, when she lied about things I did or didn't do on several occasions, making allegations that were not true, and when I would try to defend myself I looked like the poor sport. I didn't bring up one negative thing about her and guess who won........................

It reminded me of the Republicans in the last few elections. Focus on the negative and you shall be the victor. Did I forget to mention that the faction that voted for her where mainly Republicans????? I hope they all learn what I already know. My friends tried their best but failed. Some people, who I thought were friends, totally stabbed me in the back. I hope they come and ask me in the next few days to babysit some of their kids. The answer will be NO!!!! Tomorrow they will come up to me and tell me how sorry they are, what a bunch of bullshit!

Thanks for letting me vent.....

Mary
Comments:
ugh. that stinks.

xoxo
 
Funny how we find out who our friends really are!

They aren't worth you fretting over; karma will deal with them!

Thinking of you!

alan
 
It's been a venting week for many bloggers..Sorry this has happened to you..Not Fair..It's always " the good ones" that suffer.

Hugs to you Mary.
 
Hi Mary, thanks for stopping by and your kind words. It really is amazing how fast doctors can fix things up.

I'm sorry to hear about your new teacher and her behaviour. I gives us all a black eye to have someone like that calling themself a professional. Why is it that the weakest teachers always seem to be the ones that demand the most rights?

paul
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?