Tuesday, May 09, 2006

 

The other side of the table




I cannot believe how long it has been since I have blogged. We have been busy girls at our house.

Last Friday, I had a conference with Kiran's preschool teacher. It is always so interesting being on the other side of the table. Her teacher told me that she was ready for Kindergarten and was when she walked into preschool this past fall. That doesn't surprise me. I told her recently that she would be reading if mommy wasn't to tired to teach her when I got home from school. She proceed to tell my SIL the following, "Denise, my mommy said I would be reading if she LEARNED me, but she is to tired from LEARNING other kids to LEARN me." That makes a mom feel really good. Damn, where are my priorities,they may be the following: food on the table, a roof over us, a car to drive, and those clothes she loves......

Her teacher told me that she doesn't like to dance and sing with the class. I found that odd because she is always singing in the car and she goes to dance class, as evidence shows. In fact in a week and half she will have her second dance recital. When I asked her why, she told me she didn't like those songs that told you what to do. This is a quote, "Mommy I like to do my own thing." The kid is five, lord I think trouble is ahead of me.

The other concern they had was that she doesn't interact with the boys. She made reference to me being single and that is maybe why she doesn't. I told her that was just silly seeing that for the first four years she had a male daycare provider and she sees her cousins and my brother frequently. BTW-who says you should like boys at five????

All in all, they do love her. She is quiet but not as shy as she was at the beginning of the year. She is a perfectionist, who takes in her time doing her work and follows directions just the way she should. It amazes me how different she is at home. Following directions is not happening at our house.

I am one proud mommy and will take complete responsibility for her intelligence, her temper belongs to her birth parents. HAHAHAHA!!

Hope all is well with everyone.
Comments:
nice blog & nice posting as well!!!!!!!!! keep it....
 
A beautiful little girl. If I remember what 5 year old boys are like (and I have 2 grandsons to refresh my memory, one 7 and one 4) I don't blame her a bit for not wanting anything to do with them!

:o)

alan
 
What a cute little picture! I wouldn't worry about not socializing with boys. My preschool teacher complained that I socialized with boys too much, in fact many of my teachers had that similar concern, and look how I turned out! :-) She's on track developmentally, who cares if she's boy crazy or not??
 
Oh, I love the pciture!!!! YOu used the flicker photo accessories, right?
 
She looks so cute, and her personality sounds even cuter!!!

I was like that as a kid, too. I'd sing and dance anywhere, but oh, don't make me sing those stupid songs or do the same stupid moves as everyone else! Do you think it might help to tell her that going to dance classes will help her do her own thing better?
 
Kiran is a beautiful girl. Boys? I thought they had cooties?!

Great pic Mary. Love to read about your life w/ Kiran too. I can feel the love... :)
 
What a great school report! I don't see the big deal if she doesn't like to play with the boys, as long as she's socializing, it doesn't matter. I can't ever imagine saying anything like that in parent-teacher conference!
 
Adorable..Great photo!
 
Mary..

She's her mother's daughter that is for sure!

XO
STB
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?