Wednesday, May 24, 2006

 

Changing moments...

Today, my baby girl who came home to me at 8 1/2 months old, graduated from preschool. I cannot believe that this child has grown up so much. She acts like she is 15 and so ready for kindergarten. If her mommy would just take some time to learn her she would be reading. I took the day off to watch my baby in a short program and get a small diploma (hopefully one of at least 5). We then went out to lunch and that was so much fun. She was so excited. I asked her on the way home if she was excited for kindergarten in the fall. Her reply, "You know mommy, when you liked something so much and it is over, don't you just want to go back?" I know that feeling well Kiran. It was so sweet. We came home and watch a few episodes of Full House and napped together. I just loved this day. Kiran fell asleep at 6:30 and I expect her to sleep all night.

In 15 school days, I will say goodbye to my class. It is a class that I have mostly had for 2 years. I have seen many sibling be born, divorces happening, marriages taking place and so on. I have complained so much about this group in the last few years, Inger can attest to that. In reality, I am going to miss the Ali's and Ahmed's in the world. I truly think this is part of my mood in the last few days.

Not to mention, the fact that my relationship to Gill, seems to be turning into a more comfortable position and that scares me. We seem to be having a hard time getting together but after tonight I feel better. We had a talk about how I know that his mother and daughter are his top priorities but I need to know that I am up there. He told me he does understand and will put forth an effort to make me feel that way.

I dislike reality tv but for American Idol. I am so happy that Taylor Hicks won this evening.

Love ya all,

Mary
Comments:
Kiran is definitely kindergarten-going-on-college. What an insightful comment! This year I'm "looping" with one of my classes, so I'll have the same kids next year. I'm excited about it, because I feel like we have a good relationship and I know all their quirks (and they know mine), but I'm also worried about saying good-bye to them at the end of the year. Good teachers do become attached to their classes!
Will I be seeing you in NY this summer?
 
Aw, Kiran is so sweet, very smart. I have no doubt she'll get at least 5 diplomas!

Glad you are in the "comfortable" but "uncomfortable" stage of your relationship with Gil. It's sometimes not so fun to feel uncomfortable but that's how intimacy between people develop.

Yay Taylor Hicks (I voted for him!)

You are an amazing teacher. I wish you had been mine when I was a kid. I needed someone like you to really care. Thank you for all that you do with your students. I have much respect for you.
 
So your post gave me goose bumps. My daughter is on the cusp of kindergarten too, and our time, like yours, has flown by. She is so ready too - and acts like she's 15 too. Her preschool graduation comes next month, and it amazes me how I used to think that was corny, and now...well...I don't.
 
Congratulations to Kiran!!! that is such a special day...

Can't believe how insightful she is..with respect to her comment.

It must be strange to be saying good bye to a class that you have had for two years...!! Adrita will have the same teacher for two years...which I think that she will enjoy...

Again...a big congratulations to Kiran!! take care, Kathy
 
Your daughter and my older son sound so similar...too bad we weren't closer, they would be great friends.

Enjoy your last few weeks of teaching. School goes through to June 30 here.
 
Congrats to Kiran..YOu def have a winner :)

btw..AS per your comment on my blog ..I haven't decided yet and I am the worst when it comes to making decisions..lol
 
I liked Taylor too.
 
So many changes! *hug*
 
Yes, the first of 5!

Cheers to both of you!

Have a great weekend!

STB
 
Somehow, I think Kiran will be one of those who goes to college at 15 if they let her!

Glad things are comfortable; there's nothing to be afraid of! You deserve it!

alan
 
Wow... sounds like you had a wonderful day with Kiran... you are both so lucky to have "found" each other.

As for the 5 diplomas, you know that is gonna happen.... she is already so smart, and with you to guide her, anything is possible.

I join you in your dislike of reality TV. The people I work with talked so much about American Idol, I felt like I was watching it also..... On the final nite, I finally watched for the first time. I have to admit, there was some talent there, but to hear Dionne Warwick sing again excited me more than any of the Idol candidates.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?