Thursday, April 13, 2006

 

Single parenthood......

Today my darling little angel came to school with me. What was I THINKING???? We started our morning with WW3. She hated her clothes, her hair, and school. Of course, she was tired. We stopped and pick up breakfast at Brueggers and then off to Minneapolis. Let me add we are dogsitting this weekend and staying at my brother's house. I truly think I only slept about 3 hours total.

Once we got to school it was the usual, "Kiran you are getting so big!" "Kiran you are so beautiful." She must of felt she was in a show case. People who I don't really talk to, came to my room just to see her. Most of the day, ok all of it, she was like a leech. I don't think she left my side for more then 5 minutes. By 9:30 I was wondering if I was going to survive. Not only did I have 25 other children wanting my attention, I had her, the most important kid in my life, there also.

I love when people pay attention to her but I have such a difficult time when they are always saying to her and me how beautiful she is. I try to add and smart to, but sometimes it just doesn't work. You would think teachers had better sense!!!

Anyway, we got back to my brother's house around 4:30 this evening, I went to change into my jammies, poured a glass of wine, and ordered pizza. The only problem is it is 80 degrees outside and I should be out there playing.

I am feeling like a lousy parent this evening, hopefully it will pass.

Happy Passover and Easter to all who celebrate.

Mary
Comments:
After that day I can understand why you did exactly what you did!

Funny how society makes us think that beautiful is the highest compliment, isn't it?

Thinking of you...

alan
 
I totally understand! As much as we love them, the leech behaviour is claustrophobic!

We have a similar problem with 4 - who everyone comments on. In fact, it angers me to have both my girls out and have people stop me and comment "Your daughter is so beautiful - the little one I mean." I wan to strangle people for that. Do they think 6 is deaf?!

When 4's behaviour was out of control at school, we dressed her in sweats and t's - no cute clothes for her - and told her she had to show people how smart she was and what a good personality she had as she couldn't rely on 'cute' anymore. The behaviour turned around in a week!
 
xoxo

you're a great mom!
 
"I am feeling like a lousy parent this evening,"

Oh pulllezzzzzzzzzz..Don't even say that! Your a wonderful mother.

Happy Easter Weekend~
 
You're a fabulous Mommy!

"You're so beautiful" is just an easy compliment from people who don't know your daughter's other wonderful gifts. She knows them though...because you tell her..and your voice is the one that matters most.

lol I loved your "leech" description....my daughter who is now 7 calls herself my "leech". I'm ok with it....she wont be a leech forever. I think of it more of her "touching base"...feeling secure as she branches away.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?