Sunday, April 16, 2006

 

sex offenders

This afternoon, while we were enjoying a wonderful Easter, the phone rang at my brother's house. It was our daycare provider telling us some news I didn't need to hear. It seems that last night 4 sex offenders escaped from a mental facility in St Peter, MN. Three out of the four have been captured and are in custody. The fourth just happens to be her brother who I have never heard her talk about. He has been in this facility since 1989 and was never to get out. He was in for rape and other things. It seems that the state police, city and county police are making extra patrols around her house in case he contacts them. He was sighted within 10 miles of her house. She would totally understand if I didn't send Kiran over there tomorrow. Her husband is working from home until he is found and they are living in a state of lock up at her house. I love this woman and I know that they think of Kiran as one of their own. They would never put her in danger but what the hell do I do? I am almost out of sick days, don't have back up this week and work wise it is a terrible week to take off.

But, if something happens to my baby I will never forgive myself. Something to ponder this evening. I hope all is well with everyone.

Mary
Comments:
Oh my. How terrible, what options. I think the fact that there are many people around her house will make it extra safe. But I'd imagine you don't want Kiran there in case he does show up and the police need to remove him forcefully. (Sorry if that's an option you didn't consider.) I agree, one day at a time. I would definitely not send her tomorrow. At least for tomorrow. Please try to blog soon with an update.
 
Oh my
 
What a small world..I worked as a Psch
Aide At St. Peter State Hosp. before I was married,It is mine and Hubbys hometown.. I know a lot of the employees there and I am sure they are quite upset..
..Unbelievable that he was able to escape.
This guy is very dangerous Mary..find another daycare until he is caught...GiGi
 
Oh dear!
I can not imagine the stress this must bring on for everyone involved. I pray he is caught soon and that things work out.
Her home is proably safer now than it ever has been, though.
 
Good Grief! How scary! No option but to keep Kiran safe! Hope you manage to find some alternative care until this is resolved - and that it comes to a quick conclusion.
Thinking of you,
cathie
 
what did you do?
 
OMG, how scary!
 
Follow your instincts, you'll know what the right thing to do is.
 
Wish I were closer...

alan
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?