Saturday, April 15, 2006

 

Poppy Seed Chicken

This is my speciality. Whenever I am cooking for family this is the request that is made. Tomorrow, on Easter, I will be preparing it.

Four chicken breasts cut in chucks
2 cans of cream of chicken soup (I use Cambell's Healthy Request)
16 oz of sour cream (I use the light sour cream)
2 1/2 rolls of ritz crackers
3 TBSP of poppy seeds
2 sticks of butter (I use no salt added.)
rice or noodles

Brown chicken breasts in oil olive and I throw in a little white wine.

Once chicken is browned place in the bottom of an 9 x 11 pan. I also spray pam on the bottom before putting in the chicken.

Mix the soup and sour cream together and pour on top of the chicken.

Crush the crackers and mix in with the poppyseeds and place over the chicken soup, sour cream mixture.

Melt your sticks of butter and drizzle over the top.

Bake at 350 for 60 minutes.

Serve on top of rice or noodles. My family prefers the rice.

I usually also serve a salad, asparagus, and bread.

Hope you enjoy. Happy Easter ALL!!!

Mary
Comments:
Sounds delicious... I think I could most likely do this in the crock pot!

Thanks, and have a Holiday!
 
oops...... I meant have a HAPPY HOLIDAY!

DON~
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?