Saturday, March 18, 2006

 

March Madness




It is March Madness in these parts. Both Gill's and my brother's teams have made it to the MN State Tournament beginning on Wednesday. I am so thankful tonight that they will not meet each other seeing they are in different classes and I would have a difficult deciding who should win and then if I stayed neutral they both would be wondering why......

Gill's team played their best game this season last night. I was so excited for him. It will be the first time in 56 years that the school he coaches for goes to state. Hopefully then can win a few more games. Last night we had a wonderful time celebrating, just the two of us.

On Thursday evening, my brother's team won their game. They will be going to state for the first time in 5 years. The kids are excited and someone even brought in sparkling cider for them to pour over each other when they won. Hopefully they will win three more games and be the champions.

I have to say, as a basketball lover, I am loving every minute of this. Gill cannot believe that I care enough to come to his games. He loves the fact he can talk some strategy and I actually understand it. It was so much fun to see him so excited last night. Hopefully next Saturday night I will be celebrating two state victories.......

Have a wonderful week everyone, hopefully mine is going to be busy watching b-ball......

Mary
Comments:
So happy for you, Gill, and your brother!

I'm not a rabid fan, but was saddened to see the Jayhawks go down in flames last night; though spring break is starting for them I am sure the campus was quieter than it would have been today!

Have a wonderful time this week!

alan
 
WOW...

I've been semi-caught up in the maddness.

Happy it is going well for one and all......

Have a great week!

STB
 
this sounds like a really happy time for you, mary. i most certainly wish you, gill, and all b-ballers the best season yet!
 
WOW.... looks like a winning streak so far.......

Best of luck to the whole gang!
 
Looooooove March Madness...I am a Spurs junkie...bring it on! LOL

Have a great Monday!

Love,
Sarah
 
I'm rooting for Uconn, Since my Albany lost to them. It's so fun seeing ALL these young kids play and the excitement of it all. What memories they are making for themselves won or lose!
 
Wishing both your teams well..March
Madness has special meaning for me. (Living in Brooklyn Center)
My youngest son was born on March 21st
(same as Rosie) former coach from my high school had a team in the finals.
I insisted on a roommate that would let me watch the games...back when Basketball tournaments were fun..43 years ago Glen Mattke's Marshall High
guys won it all..GiGi
PS I'm an active Democrat Mary(<:)
 
you have fun!
i don't know the first thing about basketball but i like all the cheering and excitement.
 
Jezzie-So you graduated from Marshall U? Is that the school that was located close to the U of MN?

Thanks for the good luck wishes everyone. It will be so much fun if both teams win their games tomorrow.
 
Mary, No..I graduated from High School
in Southern Mn. After I graduated Our basketball coach went to Marshall Minnesota..even further south.where he had a winning team...gigi
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?