Sunday, March 12, 2006

 

The family




This picture of the family was taken back in the summer of 1986. We were celebrating the 50 wedding anniversary of my mom's parents, Frank and Vida.

The first person from left to right is my "baby brother". He is 2 1/1 years younger than me and was a total mommies boy. Today he is married to a lawyer and the very proud father and Jack and Grace. He works for a mortgage in Minneapolis. He has pulled the most away from the family since my mom's death in 1993. He can weeks without talking to my dad. It truly is sad because his family lives 5 miles from me and see his kids maybe once a month.

Next is me, the only girl in the family.

My mom and dad follow. Next to my dad is the oldest sibling in the family. He has always been very intelligent and was mulitpling and dividing at the age of three. Today he is still a wiz at math!! He is the proud father of three adorable children and his wife does daycare in their home. He works for an agency in Northern MN that helps build business up on the Iron Range.

Next to him is my brother Mike. The most emotional of the brothers. He has a difficult time attending funerals, talking about people being sick, and visiting them in hospitals. He just becomes an emotional wreck. His wife, Denise, is the closest person to the a sister I have. We have so much in common and she has always been there for me. They have the three children, two girls and boy. I am closest to these three and could be considered their second mother. He is the basketball coach and Dean of Students at an all boys catholic school in the Minneapolis area.

The famliy, all born of the same parents but so different in attitude and personality. The family dynamics are just so interesting.

Happy Sunday all.

Mary
Comments:
really beautifully said. you are so right, about family dynamic!
it is a common train of thought for me lately. i have only one sibling, a younger brother. recently, my dad stated that he can't imagine two more different people than bro and i.
it's pretty incredible, the way we all turn out.
 
Mary...fun to hear about your brothers...!! you are right/ how such different personalities can emerge from the same home...!!

I am not grading today...I can actually enjoy a Sunday off!! take care, Kathy
 
Beautiful photo, Mary. I don't think I've seen your Mom before; she's just lovely--and I see her in you.

Happy Sunday!

Inger
 
Happy Sunday to you too Mary.

rQm
 
What a wonderful picture...and great personality descriptions. :)

I'm one of 5...and we are all very different too!

hugssss
 
What a wonderful family portrait, both photgraphic and verbal!

My Dad's younger brother pointed out to me once that the upbringing changes as other children are born as well, which can account for some differences...he was referring to the ways my Dad treated my sister differently than I, but I have seen it in other families as well over the years!

Hope your weekend was wonderful!

alan
 
Beautiful picture, Mary. Lovely setting as well. Thanks for sharing.
 
Very sweet photo :)
 
Mary...Slow on the uptake here...don't know where I've been...

Lovely post!

Have a great week!

STB
 
Love the photo Mary. It is quite bizarre how sibs can have such different perceptions when raised by the same parents.
 
priceless pic, the memories huh? family groupings are so telling, thanks for telling yours!
:)
 
mary you have a beautiful family and it's great that you are best friends with your brother's wife. It's lovely when people open their hearts to new members of the family.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?