Sunday, February 26, 2006

 

Sunday Afternoon Photos




This is one of my favorite places. It is beautiful Lake Vermilion. It is one of the best walleye lakes in the state.

My grandparents built their house on the lake back in the mid 50s. I have been going to this location ever since I was born. When my grandparents passed away, my dad and brothers bought the house so we can continue to build memories with our children. When I was young I hated having to go to the lake. It wasn't until I moved to Texas did I really start appreciating the view and location.

This is the view from the patio and it is a wonderful place to sit back and enjoy on those wonderful summer days, reading a good book, having a nice cook drink and soaking up the sun.



My grandpa use to say that he has seen the sunset in Hawaii and that Lake Vermilion's sunsets were the best in the world. I haven't seen the sunset in Hawaii but I do so enjoy it here.

Happy Sunday all....
Comments:
That is so beautiful!
I have family all over MN..we used to camp in Brainerd. Our campground was right on Brainerd Lake...nothing beats the beauty of the lakes in MN! So pretty!

I hope that you have a great Monday!

Love,
Sarah
 
My wife and I have dreamt for years of fishing "up North". We saw Roland Martin once fishing the canoe only boundary waters, and talked about going there someday. Though I don't know much about walleye, I know the smallmouths up there are dynamite with scales!

Thank you for the beautiful photos!
I am glad your family managed to hang onto such a gorgeous place!

alan
 
What a legacy!

So very beautiful, I just can't stop looking at the sky in those photos.

Thanks for sharing these.

xx00xx
 
Ah...beautiful...and I loved how you came around to the beauty!

STB
 
ok, so i'm considering the idea of moving, did chris put you up to posting such nice pix?! these were taken in the summertime, right? i imagine it's quite beautiful year round, even under ice. i sure do miss water, we've been without for about 6 months now! the dust is taking over!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?