Sunday, February 19, 2006

 

Roma




In these two photos is a view of St Peter's Square from the view of Kiran in a stroller. When I had the film developed it really made me think that these tiny people, sitting in stollers really do have a different view of the world.



Two years ago we hopped on plane and went to Rome to meet friends from the internet. I had spoken with her on the phone once, chatted up a storm with her on the internet and their daughter was from the orphanage in Kolkata that Kiran is from, and they were crib mates, and it was so much fun to have them together. I have to admit that they also sent me a wonderful video of the orphanage that they took when they went to pick up their daughter. They focused many minutes of just Kiran for me.

We were treated like royality. We spent two nights in Tuscany, they took us to Florence, Pisa, and many wonderful restaurants. We drank wine everynight, talked families and politics, watched the kids play, went to mass with the "Poke". The memories are wonderful but next time I go back I want it to be an adult trip.

One of my favorite memories of the trip happened on the day Kiran took these photos. It was the day after we went to mass with Pope John Paul. In reality we only lasted about 45 minutes at mass when Kiran had enough. So, Dominick, took us into the Sistine Chapel. What an amazing place!! That is a future post....

The second morning we arrived at St Peter's, we were walking into the square when Kiran looked at me and asked, "We aren't going to see that Poke again are we? I really don't like him!" I guess she told me.... Saying this to her mother who has grown up catholic and for a long time thought it was the only religion...(That was when I was in grade school.)

Hope you enjoyed the little view of St Peter's Square from the eyes of a three and half year old.
Comments:
Thru the eyes of a child......

Wonderful photos!

My admiration and respect for you grows with each post you write.
 
Ah yes, the Poke.

Love the kids eye view.

Stay warm!

STB
 
ha! the poke!!! that is too, too great. as a recovering cat-lick, i loved it. how amazing that you and kiran have been to rome.
some day....
 
The Poke!

I'm not even going to go there...

These pictures are adorable.

What a fabulous trip you had!

x0x0x0x
 
i have often wondered how little children learn to recognize KNEES.
glad your man brought you pretty flowers! and always glad to hear from you too, with MN weather reports!
chris' son is here for the weekend and will go home with a sunburn.
:)
 
I want to hop on a plane right now and go!
 
The stroller view is telling - no wonder kids are so ready to get out of them and walk - the liberation! The new sights!

So cool that you met Kiran's crib-mate! Did they know each other at all?

The Poke :) Too funny!
 
Vaguely, I seem to remember (am I losing it?) George Carlin doing a bit about life through the eyes of a child...so many memories, so few brain cells!

My mind still reels at the thought of you just picking up and going off to Italy that way, though the world would be a better place if we all did things like that!

Thank you for the photos, the post, and for being you!

alan
 
Too cute.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?