Monday, February 13, 2006

 

Random thoughts

Last night, I was playing on the computer and Kiran was in the bathroom. She yells out, "Mommy, I am the only one in preschool who doesn't have a daddy." I told her that I knew that. She asked me how and I told her I looked at her list of kids in her room and all the parents' names are on there. I asked her if it bothered her and for the first time she said sort of. My heart almost broke. She then went on to tell me that one day at preschool one of the teacher's said that anyone who has a daddy please stand up. Of course, Kiran is the only one who is sitting down. She said that she felt bad that she didn't get to stand up. I am so pissed off. Why aren't people more sensitive. It is obvisious that she is the only brown child in class but then they had to make her look different in another way.... Am I justified in being mad???

Why did it take the Cheney's office over 24 hours to let the public know that he shot someone??? Just what were they trying to cover up?

I watched some of the funeral for Corretta Scott King on Saturday night and boy did I think that Daddy Bush was a little uncomfortable being the presences of so many people who don't really like is son....

I just love my new principal. She is wonderful, kind, caring, and totally the opposite of the jerk I use to work for.

Let me tell you guys about the best part of my day.... It was the end of the day, I still had my coat on from dismissing my students and was talking to the secretary with my back turned to the door. There were so many people in there and the noise level was high, that is when I heard my name. I turned around and saw that someone had delivered flowers and they were sitting on the counter. When someone said that they were for me. So I walked around some people and standing there was Gill. Not only did he get me flowers, he delivered them himself. My friends are having a great time with this, one of them made an annoucement on the intercom that I just got flowers and my boyfriend was still there. He didn't have the time to deliver tomorrow so he brought them today. I am more in love everyday......

Hope you all have a great week.....

M
Comments:
That teacher was totally inappropriate! She could have looked at the list herself and seen the same thing you did! You should definitely mention it to her. Lay some mother-guilt on her, too, like how your daughter said she even felt bad about it. It's possible that the teacher didn't really think about it and it was done innocently enough. But, when there's only one student in a category in your room, that's something a teacher should always be aware of.
 
you deserve it, woman!
happy valentine's day.

hey- a lot of my mom's ancestry is from duluth! and i have still never been. but i dream of going there one day. and hibbing too!
and i so adored paul wellstone-your dad is awesome. wouldn't it be something if franken did run? what do you think of al?
 
How totally romantic of him! I got goosebumps just reading it!

As for the teacher esentially signaling out your daughter...that was SO wrong and rude of her! I'd really talk to her asap if I were you!

I hope that you have a great Valentine's Day...it seems like it's already off to a beautiful start!

Love,
Sarah
 
Way to go Gill! Hope things work out.

What is wrong with that teacher?! If I ever meet her I think my foot would get stuck up her anus!

You are a great mom, Mary. Just LOVE your blog.
 
Happy tears flowing because of your lucky Gill; sounds like you found a winner!

I have no idea what possesses some people, then they have to open their mouths and share it besides!

Happy Valentine's Day!

alan
 
How wonderful...I hope you ahvea great day.
The preschool teacher was very insensitive to have done that. Do you have a good book to share and read with Kiran that talks about only having a mom?....books always sort things out with my son after we've had a conversation about something.
 
Gill gets my vote!

I'm with Inger however....people are so so so SICK. Hateful....like those currently in power. Oy...I don't want to go there.

It is going to really interesting if this man who was SHOT IN THE FACE ends up biting the bullet!

Happy...Glorious...Day my dear!

STB
 
How lovely to get flowers personally delivered! Sounds like you've found a 'keeper' - as my sister says...

Preschool comment would make me angry too. Although, both my kids would have stood up with the rest. The question did not specify if the daddy lived in the house! My 2 both know they each have a father - he just does not live in our house...

I guess I have been preparing them for narrow minded, small people's comments since they were babies :)
 
I cannot believe how insensitive that teacher was....... Poor Kiran!

You, my dear need to march yourself into that class and have a few words with her.

Congrats on the flowers..... love is a beautiful thing!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?