Monday, January 16, 2006

 

Update, Update


This was a picture that a friend took the first night Gil and I met. She had it made into Christmas cards as a joke. Believe me, everyone that knows me is so damn excited for me. How much do you think I had to drink that night, one or five beers mixed in with two martinis??????

Gil is a very nice guy!! We see each other about once a week but daily, usually at least twice, we talk on the phone. He calls me every morning at 7:30 and I have come to look forward to those calls. What a great way to start my day out. It is basketball season and seeing he is an assistant coach, he is busy with that. His daughter is 8 and wants her mom and dad to get back together, like every 8 year old from a broken home. Gil does assure me that will never happen. He has met Kiran, only because he came to two of my brother's games and she was there with my SIL. Kiran was so cold to both of us the first game but on Saturday seemed a little more comfortable. I know it will take time with the girls and hopefully all will go well. We have talked about Kiran and I meeting his daughter. It makes me nervous to take that step but it has to be done at some point if we are to be together.

Did I mention that on two occasions he met Kiran, he also met my three brothers and dad?? Talk about stressful for me, I haven't brought anyone home since college. My dad liked him enough to invite him to our family Christmas but he had to decline because his team was playing that weekend. I was happy for that because I wasn't ready to take him home, not at that point.

After talking some the first week, we both realized that I worked with his mother for 5 years. What a small world!! She is a very kind, wonderful woman. I do believe that Gil takes after her. We just have so much in common, it is a little scary.

I haven't found anything that I don't like about him, yet.... He loves the fact that I can watch a football, basketball, or baseball game and he doesn't have to explain anything to me. One conversation went like this, if my team was playing your brother's and we were married, who would you stick up for. The answer, which I thought was a good one, I will yell for both teams!!! To tell you the truth he didn't like it but I told him old habits are hard to break and soon my nephew would be playing for his dad so my nephew wins.... He still insists that the moment he saw me he knew that we were going to be together forever. Time will tell....

At this point, I can truly say I am completely taken by him. I will even throw out the love word. We have great time when we are together and I have to say, some activities are better then others! The first week of January, he even took a day off to spend with me. It was so wonderful. No man has ever done that in my 41 years.

The one thing that troubles me is that it is so hard to find time to spend together without both of us having to make arrangements so far a head of time. We both understand but darn it, I wish we could be together 3 or 4 nights a week but in time, if it is meant to be, it will happen. He does want more kids but only if it works out. At this point, he knows I wouldn't want to birth one but would look into adopting again.

I will keep everyone updated, I am still pinching myself.
Comments:
Aw, Mary, you know I'm totally tickled for you! And I love this pic--you two look like old friends, not a first date!

So happy for you, dolly.
 
I am so happy for you and Gil. Inger is right about you looking so comfortable together, and I think the sparkle in your eyes says it all!

Take your time and enjoy it; I think when the kids see how happy you both are they will be fine with it!

alan
 
Mary....I love reading this very happpy story!!

I wouldn't worry about all the big picture dynamics yet...getting the girls together, etc. Just enjoy your time/ getting to know each other!!! You deserve it!! it sounds like you have so much in common...good for you...you go girl!!

Kathy
 
OH MY.

The plot, as they say, thickens!

This is great.

STB
 
I could not stop smiling..I am so happy for you Mary.


I'm sending positve vibes for this relationship.. Goodluck :)
 
Sounds like a great beginning to a relationship.

I agree with Inger, in the picture you look as if you have known each other forever!
 
hooray for the 2 of u!!

he's hot...he reminds me of bernie williams, the center fielder on the ny yankees...

all the best to you both =)

~ n
 
hooray for the 2 of u!!

he's hot...he reminds me of bernie williams, the center fielder on the ny yankees...

all the best to you both =)

~ n
 
I agree with Inger...this picture doesn't look like a first date. It looks like you've known each other for years!

~Deb
 
Wow....a new romance. You're so lucky. I'm rooting for both of you. Just be careful that's all. I am sure you'll be just fine!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?