Thursday, January 19, 2006

 

Tagged!
By Alan that little shit!!!

Four jobs I've had:
1. My first job was working at the local pizza joint in Hoyt Lakes when I turned 16.
2. I worked as an usher at the Houston Astrodome, I met OJ and the wife, Joe Montana and many sports figures.
3. I still work a parttime job at a lawn, garden and pet supply store. If you have an animal, we can feed it even if it is a moose or zebra!!!
4. Of course, teaching in the inner city of Houston and Minneapolis.

Four places I've lived:
1. Hoyt Lakes, MN from birth to 19.
2. Duluth, MN That is where I went to college. The most beautiful town I lived in!! It looks over Lake Superior.
3. Houston, TX For three years while I taught for HISD. The most polluted city that I lived in .
4. My current address finds us in Apple Valley, MN.

Movies I'd watch again: (and again and again)
1. Toy Story By: Disney (it is my favorite).
2. Miracle, About the USA Hockey Team and Herb Brooks, who died about 3 months before the movie was released. I remember that day that they beat the Russian. Half the team was from MN.
3. Bride and Prejudice, an Indian film, I learned some of the culture in India through this movie.
4. Love Story



TV shows I love to watch:1.)
1. The Daily Show. I truly wished that Jon Stewart lived next door to me!! I won't kick him out of bed for eating crackers, much less anything else.
2. MN Twins Baseball
3. Larry King Live
4. Full House, It is Kiran's favorite show. Lord help me!!!

Four favorite foods:
1. Pizza
2. My Grandma's Mock Chicken Legs, she still fries them in lard, but damn they taste good!
3. My brother's filet mignon stuffed with his famous blue cheese sauce.
4. Wild Rice soup.

Four places I'd rather be right now:
1. Italy, I just loved it there.....
2. Lake Vermilion or Colorado, I love both of these places, equally.
3. Washington D.C. I just love the rat race.
4. Slovenia, it is where 4 of my great grandparents where born and would love to see it and visit some long lost cousins.

Four Bloggers I'd like to tag:
1. Blogzie
2. Sttropezbutler
3. Inger
4. Heidi

I would add five "Five Weird Things About Me":
1. I love the soap's. When I am home during the day they are on.
2. My first major in college was political science, but they didn't make enough money, so I became a teacher. HAHAHAHA!!!!
3. I flew off to Rome without ever meeting the people, except for the internet, I was staying with especially seeing I was traveling with my three old.
4. I like my Sister-in-law Denise better then my brother......... (Ok, I do like him but..)
5. It took my 41 years to tell a man, other then family members, that I loved him......
OK, they are not as exciting as Blogzie but my little life is rather BORING!!!!

Hope you enjoyed the life of a regular Minnesotan......

Mary
Comments:
Thanks for your kind words.
My Little Man puts a smile on my face everyday.
I'm glad he could do the same for you today.

Nikki
 
very cool life you live.
get this-my ancestry hails from duluth. my mom's mom was born and raised there, about 100 years or so ago! i have never been, although i did live in wisconsin for 5 years, as a kid.
someday i will get there.
glad to hear things are good with gil, too.
 
Not boring at all! I'd love to see Italy, but can't imagine going with a 3 year old (bet that wasn't boring at all!) it was always enough fun getting ours to Vermont!

I have a soft spot for Minnesota; though I've never been. Mom and Dad "honeymooned" there (fishing Squaw Lake in '51) a year after they were married. It's also the home of the Fitzgerald Theatre, a place I'd dearly love to be some Saturday afternoon at 5 o'clock!

Of course, I have a soft spot for you as well, if you hadn't figured that out...

alan

Glad you aren't afraid to say I love you anymore!
 
Mary,

Okay...new in the blog world...what does tagging mean?!

heh, we are Full House fans too in the house/ the boys love that show too...have watched it religiously and sponge bob too!!

have a great weekend, Kathy
 
thanks for sharing...not a boring life at all, from my perception...

peace...

~ n
 
Mary..

You lived here? How cool. So you know...

Course now the Astrodome is but a memory..ok..it is still standing..but no one cares. Astroworld has been sold to the highest bidder and will soon be condos or apartments or office towers.

We are still poluted and we have more fast food joints then ever before.

Like I said to Alan...You are still IT. You missed me!

See ya Sunday!

STB
 
My step daughter and her family live in Houston. She is a high school art teacher. Her hub is a history prof at university of houston. I believe mostly Mayan history.

I have never been to MN. Been to MI once to visit a very good friend. It was very beautiful. Went up to the UP where she was from.

I have to say, in all honesty, I cannot stand Full House any longer! My daugher tivos it and I hear it all the time! I saw the originals and now the repeats at least twice!

This is funny, my Aunt Minnie and Uncle George lived in MN until the died a few years ago. Of course the dying part is not funny but their last name was Dick! Minnie Dick for most of her life!

I think the movie Miracle is awesome. I remember when it happened, it was amazing!

Thanks for sharing!
 
Mary...I loved these!

Fun to learn more about you! And your photo Sunday picture is great!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?