Wednesday, January 11, 2006

 

I'm tired and rambling

I am so tired of playing the politics at work. It is making a new profession look better and better. The kids are fine it is the adults and powers that be that are this a difficult position. Our school, in the eyes of the state of MN and the Federal Government, isn't making adequate yearly progress. This means more staff development then I received in college. Some of it has been worth while but lately it all just sticks. Then it also means more damn paperwork so planning time for your classroom has to be done at home. Time taken away from our families. PLEASE PLEASE let them leave NCLB!!!!! Who in the hell ever tried to leave a child behind????

My principal has been placed on a medical leave of absences for the rest of the year. No one is saying what is wrong or even where he is. It leads one to suspect perhaps he is in treatment, which would be a good place for him. Even though I have been praying that he would get transferred, I never wanted anything like this to happen. We met our new principal yesterday and it was interesting to see those teachers who sucked up to the last guy start sucking up to the woman. One wonders what changes their will be once she makes it through the ton of paperwork sitting on Kevin's desk.

Today I received a Parents' Guide to Kindergarten for Kiran. It makes me sad to think my little chick is going into the big bad world next year. Then I get excited to watch her grow and learn. She gets so excited about preschool. I only hope the love for school lasts a lifetime.

On a positive note, I love high school basketball. My brother is a head coach for a private high school and has ran a fairly successful program for the last ten years. His team, the Cadets, were ranked 8 in the state yesterday. They played the number 1 team in the state and beat them.... It was fun to watch!!!

Enough of the ramblings....
Comments:
You're not rambling, in fact that was very lucid. I really wonder if some of the names they put on things are like the magician saying watch the hand while the one you can't see is up to something else..."call it No Child Left Behind because then we can do exactly that and no one will dare question us!". Perhaps I'm overly cynical in my old age...

I worry about any child going into public school these days, even with someone at home to help with the learning, it's just scary because they're out of your sight. I have one grandson in the 1st grade and his little sister starting kindergarten this next fall. I had enough problems 45 years ago, and the world is a lot colder place now!

Glad you are who you are, making a difference so many ways including here!

alan
 
Hi Mary

Sorry to hear about the politics at your school...that they continue!! What did you think of the new principal?? It did sound like your last prinicpal was a pretty ineffective leader...sorry to hear that he is sick.

I am right there with you in terms of basketball...Danny Fitzgerald is sure a fun player to watch, MU has been pretty fun this year too!! it is a good winter escape...its my hoosier blood...I have to love b-ball/ good thing given that both of the boys are on two teams!! take care, Kathy
 
So happy to hear someone be sensile about the NCLB bull____!

It didn't work in Texas...it isn't working nationally...and yet..most folks just sit back thinking alls well....

Yikes.

STB
 
When will blogger allow us to correct our spelling errors without having to erase our comment.

Sorry...sensible...was what I meant to write...also...all's well.

Jeez...
A public school graduate!

STB
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?