Thursday, December 08, 2005

 

Dating again

I am so scared and nervous at this concept I cannot put it into words. When I decided to adopt, I put the entire thought of dating again on the back burner. For the first few years Kiran was home my entire priority was making sure she was happy and bonding with me. I have always been very good about taking time for myself but never thinking about searching for a partner.

Before Kiran came into my life, the dating scene was such a turn off for me that I still didn't do it much. If I did, I always seemed to the person calling and making the contact.

Last Friday night, while out celebrating a friend's birthday party, I met a man who is handsome, educated, and we have so much in common. He has called me everyday except for last night, but phoned me first thing this morning to say hi. We are actually going on a date this Saturday. I am scared to death, don't have clue how to act, and don't have a damn thing to wear.....

Did I mention that in the Minneapolis area, there are over a million people and I met one that I already know his mother. During our conversation this morning it turns out I worked with her for 5 years at a different building.

Everything about this situation is just so strange.....
Comments:
Things happen when they're supposed to. I really think so.

Just breathe. Then, of course, report all details.
 
inger is right -- there is a time for everything...good for you!! can't wait to hear how it all turns out...

peace...
 
But how exciting...how EXCITING.

Have fun!

STB
 
Things unfold in their own way. But it *is* exciting, like STB says!

~Deb
 
just go with it, as you are obviously wise and will know if it's right.
enjoy.
 
So?

So???
 
so, not only are you in Minnesota, you're in Minneapolis! my guy is in St. Paul for approximately 2.5 more weeks, then he is heading to the sunny Arizona desert for a long 3rd date!
wouldn't it be funny if you knew each other?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?