Sunday, December 11, 2005

 

THE DATE!!

For the first time in I bet 6 years, I had an official date last evening. I am on cloud nine.

On Friday, after school, I had some friends take me shopping and help me pick out the right outfit. They did a great job... I wore a pair of size 12 jeans, for the first time in 10 years, a brown shirt with lace that was low cut and a new pair of black boots. I looked in the mirror after I was ready and even thought to myself "DAMN, I DO LOOK GOOD."

We met around 8:15 and spent a couple of hours chatting at the bar, having him tell how wonderful I was, how good I looked, and then I started asking the tough questions. Question #1-Who did you vote for in the presidential election last time? His response was let's not talk politics. I don't want to talk I just need to know if I am staying or not. He looked at me and said, I am black, a school teacher, who does a lot of work in the community, who do you think? That was the right answer.........

Question #2-How long have been divorced? Over three years... Good answer...

Question #3-Have you had an relationships after your divorce? Yes, 2. Another good answer....


We talked there for 2 hours and then he came over to my house where we chatted on and off for over 3 more.

He is kind, sings in his church choir, a teacher who coaches my favorite sport basketball, makes me laugh, and damn I hope this is not to good to be true....I think I am falling heads over heels.....
Comments:
alright! that's nice news to hear. so glad you had fun, and that he isn't a republican!
 
Happy dance!!!!!!

So glad for you, Mary. You deserve all the happiness in the world.

xoxo Inger
 
That's fantastic news!

He sounds wonderful and I loved his answers as well.

Please keep us posted on how the relationship is doing.

x0x0x
 
hey, thanks for stopping by my blog! you're in minnesota--so is the dear man i met through blogging! too bad i'm in arizona, but we're making it work.

just wanted you to know, it can happen! please don't ever say "it's too good to be true" as your subconscious is always listening!

here's to a fabulous 2nd date with the Answer Man!

:)
 
Now this puts me in the Peacemas spirit!

Hummmm...wonder what you'll be wearing on the 2nd date! LOL


STB
 
Yes, my sweetie does have a last name, but i'm going to refer you to his blog so you can ask him yourself. http://farmerinthcity.blogspot.com
Enjoy!
:)
 
horray for you mary on your fabulous 1st date...

and i love what the butler had to say about the 2nd date =P

all the best =)

peace...
 
Ha! Yeah, voting for Bush, especially the 2nd time around, is a deal-breaker for me as well.

Congrats on the date!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?