Sunday, December 18, 2005

 

Adoption, India and the Internet

This is one of my favorite photo of our little family. This was taken at Indian Culture camp in St Paul. It is the one time of the year that everyone's families look very similar. All parents have been of European descent and our kids are from India. We have made many friends and learned many things about the Kiran's homeland. When most people think of India and until I adopted Kiran, I did too, is that it is poor, overcrowded, and abandoned children running everywhere. What I have learned is it is a beautiful country with much to offer the world.

Yesterday afternoon, when Kiran and I arrived home it seems Santa stopped by. There was a package sitting by the front door from Roma. Inside was cake, chocolate, cookies, and other candies from a dear friend. Then, my Secret Santa gift arrived in the mail from a yahoo group that I am on. Last night, the curiosity was killing both Kiran and I so we decided to open the gifts. One of the gifts was the most beautiful picture book of India . The other two gifts were a beautiful Indian Barbie and the a very eloquent ornament for our tree. I sat for 30 minutes looking at the pages with tears streaming down my face. What a precious gift to have given to my family!! Inger, girl, you are the best!!!!!

If not for adoption, India, and the internet, I would not have found so many terrific people to be a part of our lives.

Love you all.....
Comments:
Oh my. What a beautiful picture and what a touching post.

I love that stuff happens and that it is good stuff and that we are all so lucky to share it with each other!

Peacemas.....

STB
 
What a delightful photo of two very beautiful ladies.

I just love random acts of kindness and I love that we have all somehow found one another in this big wide world.

Thanks, Mary.

A lovely post, my dear.

x0x0x0x
 
wow, inger is just the bomb! nice that you 2 share the bond you do. happy peacemas!
 
Oh I'm so glad you liked it! Happy Christmas, honey! Wish you guys were closer; I've got a certain bottle planned for Christmas Eve, and how lovely it would be to put a glass in your hand.

Kiss the girl from her auntie Inger; tell her we love her, and her momma, too.
 
We are so lucky to get to meet these families.

I love Photo Sunday.

RQM
 
What gorgeous pictures, Mary!!

You are your daughter are both beautiful!

Leave it to Inger to know the exact right thing. Somehow that doesn't surprise me. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?