Wednesday, November 23, 2005

 

Thanksgiving....

Today, I am so thankful that I had the day off and could actually just be a mom for once. At Kiran's preschool they had a Feast for their snack. I volunteered to help out and am so happy that I did. Kiran had a smile on her face the entire time. She did tell me on the way to school that she was a little nervous to have me there. Why, who knows???

It really was fun to hang with my girl and have so many other parents tell me what a sweetheart she is, how well behaved, and beautiful. Then they all added, are you sure you are Kiran's mom??? Once I explained that I was a single parent, who sent in her SIL to volunteer at times and it was her daycare provider who dropped off and picked up, they all seemed to understand the scheme of things. Hell, I am usually teaching someone else's kid so I cannot make it to preschool to often!!!

It was interesting at times, the director, was showing us how to put out the tables and said that the kids would sit on the floor criss cross applesauce. A term I always use in school so it didn't really surprise until she said that she use to say to sit INDIAN STYLE. Ok, this was a term they used in school back in the DAY, MY DAY!!! I almost fell over when she added that she probably shouldn't use that term anymore......OK, I am thinking, what century are you living in....

Enough of that, I am so thankful for all my family, friends, having a job, a house, and everything else. I am most thankful for Sefhali Bidi, who gave birth to my daughter 5 years ago. She truly has provided me with the greatest gift in life!!!

Each student had a placemat for their feast. K's class each wrote what they where thankful for on theirs. Just about every kid had I am thankful for my toys, my pets and so on.... My girl wrote, "I am thankful for my MOMMY!!!!!"

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!

M
Comments:
.......i was always very thankful to have my mother too......and don't get me started with bush boy.
 
Beautiful. Happy Thanksgiving, Mary--and give Kiran a hug from her east-coast pals.

love,
Inger
 
Mary...what a lovely post. Your daughter sounds like a doll. :)

I love the pic of you and your brother on the earlier post.

We used to say "Indian style" too. argghhh I don't think I'll ever tell my kids that. Some things are best forgotten. :)

Happy Thanksgiving
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?