Sunday, November 06, 2005

 

real or not real.......

My daughter Kiran is adopted from India. My beautiful baby came home over 4 years ago at 8 1/2 months old. She will be 5 in two weeks. Next weekend we will be celebrating with her 3 uncles and their families. On Friday evening, I talked to my youngest brother asking if they were coming to the party. He asked if it was only for the girls, when I responded that Kiran wanted ALL her uncles there he told me that she doesn't have a clue who her REAL UNCLES are. I almost drove off the road. Nothing on this earth has ever cute through my skin as this comment. Kiran has been my DAUGHTER since her referral in January of 2001. I have never thought she wasn't my REAL DAUGHTER. I said what I could to him with Kiran in the backseat . He told me that he was just kidding. Kidding or not, it is not a comment I had ever expected to get from one of my siblings. I have three brothers and I thought all were happy to be Kiran's uncles.
Comments:
This kind of shit makes me crazy, too; you know we've encountered similar stuff, though not from one of my siblings.

Have a heart-to-heart with him. Could it be he doesn't really get how/why that was hurtful?

Welcome to blog-o-rama!! So happy!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?