Saturday, November 26, 2005

 

My Mom and Best Friend...




This is Marlene, my mom, during her senior year in high school.

My mom left this world on June 30, 1993. It is a day that I can remember almost minute to minute. It was the day that I wanted the world to come to an end. Over the course of the last 12 years, I have learned to live without my closest friend, most trusted advisor and the head of our family.

Marlene was a kind, caring, family woman. Her one regret in life was that she didn't continue her education after high school. She always told me that she was so happy that her only daughter, myself, was the strongest and most independent of her four children. We talked almost daily on the phone and if the phone rang between 5-5:10 pm, I could pick it up and say, "Hi mom!!" Kiran would have held a special place in her heart and I make sure that I share my stories with her.

She loved kids and would be delighted that she has 9 grandchildren. Each one would have a special place within her and she would spend all her time being with them.

The loss is felt most around the holidays for me these days....She loved Christmas, shopping for her kids, and doing all the baking.

I miss you mom!!!!!!
Comments:
Oh Mary. Hugs coming on the wind from the east. I can only imagine how hard it must be around the holidays.

She was beautiful. And I never realized how much you resemble her. I wish she'd been here to meet Kiran, too; she'd have adored that kid.
 
Inger-A few years ago, our Congressman, who is a family friend, saw me at a parade. We talked for a while, I was updating him on the family. A few weeks later, my dad received a letter a from him. In the letter he mentioned how much I look like my mom and how when my dad looks at me he must see his beautiful Marlene.
 
Lovely lady. What a touching memory for you to share. Thank you.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?