Monday, November 28, 2005

 

Another day in the world

Last night, I was checking out the local paper up in Northern MN. The one section I check a couple times a week is the obits. It seems that at times my dad forgets to tell if someone I should know about has passed through this world. When I was reading them, I saw that our old UPS driver died. One might ask why this is so important... He was possibly the first "older man" I had a crush on and he flirted with me all time. He always knew how to make a young woman feel good about herself without crossing any lines. This man would always made sure that our house received a package from JCPenney almost daily so he could stop in and visit with the family. During the holidays, he would stop for cookies and beer. In the summer it would be just for beer and then get in his truck and drive 30 miles. STUPID!!! I remember the last time I saw Gary, it was the day after my mom died. He pulled up in his UPS truck, hugged me and said, "Shit Mar, what are we going to do without her?"

Rest in peace Gary, your memory will always bring a smile.....

Comments:
That was sweet. Hard to lose somebody who felt a connection to your mother, too, I imagine.

RIP, Gary. Hugs, Mary.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?